Kinnerton Confectionery is one of the market leaders for chocolate licensing and seasonal confectionary in the UK. We take chocolate sourced from all around the world and transform it into Easter Eggs, Advent Calendars, Lollipops and Chocolate Bars depicting the nation’s children’s favourite characters within unique and pioneering ‘nut free’ facilities.
We currently have an opportunity at our head office and chocolate factory in Fakenham for a full time Operations Engineer to join our team.
As an Operations Engineer at Kinnerton, you will be responsible for ensuring that all breakdowns are responded to and corrective actions are in place, as well as ensuring that all planned maintenance is carried out to specified standards and within allocated timeframes.
We’re seeking a proactive, multi-skilled Engineer, who can demonstrate excellent communication skills and a passion for promoting high standards of work and driving continuous improvement. Ideally, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable of Food Safety standards, Health & Safety standards and possess strong IT/Computer skills, as well as experience of working with a wide variety of varying machinery and equipment.
This Position is full time, working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, with start time of 6am or 6pm and finish time of 6pm or 6am (12 hour shifts).
- To ensure all engineering work, breakdowns and remedial work is completed and recorded onto the Kinnerton CMMS system.
- To ensure all PPM’s are completed to the agreed standard and also within the allocated time frame.
- Ensure that the right first time approach is the key principle throughout all work undertaken within the role.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business priorities are met by building strong working relationships with Production, Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams.
- Contribute to continuous improvement as required.
- Support project teams when requested.
- Always Follow good manufacturing practice ensuring standards are maintained and improved.
- Ensure Non-Conformances are completed on time so that we remain in an audit ready state.
- Ensure that housekeeping and clean as you go policy in all engineering areas is always at the highest standard and adhered to.
- All maintenance work to be completed to the highest standard with the emphasis on a lasting solution.
- All tasks delegated by the engineering management team
- Continued development and training requirements as requested by Kinnerton
We’re looking for:
- Multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship/ qualification
- Logical thought process with good communications skills at all levels and a roactive approach
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Food safety standards and Health and safety standards
- HNC / HND Qualification
- Multi-skilled apprenticeship
- Health & Safety IOSH
- Food manufacturing experience
- Metal detector training
- Flow wrapper experience
- PLC knowledge
At Kinnerton we are committed to ensuring that all our people, at every level, have access to opportunities to develop their skills, knowledge and abilities within their given roles, and are given the help and support they need to ensure that they capitalise on opportunities to grow with the company.
We’re also proud to offer a company pension scheme and life assurance scheme, generous annual leave and a pruchase holiday scheme, cycle to work scheme, one paid days leave for chairty work and discounts via our company chocolate shop!
If our Operations Engineer position sounds like the role for you, then please apply now with your CV and covering letter.