Integrity Manager (Zertus UK&I Group Role)
Flexible with travel to Humdinger/ Kinnerton/ Lir sites
08:30 – 16:30, Monday – Friday
We currently have an opportunity for a group Integrity Manager to join our Technical team. This role can be based at any Zertus site (Hull/Heckington/Sherburn/Fakenham/Navan).
As an Integrity Manager at Zertus UK&I, you will lead and develop our Integrity Framework, ensuring a consistent and aligned approach across the Market unit. You will directly manage the Supply Chain Integrity team across the Market Unit, delivering compliance with Food Safety, Quality and Integrity requirements throughout the purchased material supply chain including raw materials, packaging and hardware.
Integrity Policy & Procedure Management – (Technical Compliance)
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of a Market Unit Integrity Framework and supporting procedures including Threat (TACCP)and Vulnerability (VACCP) assessment, site segregation and horizon scanning procedures.
- Develop & implement consistent Integrity KPI’s and review programme across all sites.
- Lead the Market Unit Brand and Product Integrity team, engaging and gaining support from all relevant stakeholders.
- Development of other Technical Compliance systems & procedures at Market Unit level as required.
- Maintain and manage Group Technical Document Control System
Supply Chain Integrity Management
- To develop, implement and manage systems and procedures for all Supplier and Raw Material related activity.
- Management of all supplier and raw material approval activities including raw material, packaging, hardware and service suppliers.
- Manage and maintain supplier information as part of the company’s due diligence including supplier approval and risk assessment ensuring compliance with BRC, legislative and Customer compliance.
- Develop and maintain Food Safety, Quality, Integrity & Ethical Risk assessments.
- Manage team of specialists providing supplier assurance and material compliance across raw materials, packaging & hardware from UK and International sources both in UK and Far East.
- Deliver approved supplier list for Market Unit
- Provide support and guidance on all matters relating to supplier and material compliance to the Market Unit.
- Provide technical support on general and supply chain integrity requirements.
- Lead projects across the market unit to drive continuous improvement within the technical supply chain area.
- Manage the annual Supplier audit programme for the Market Unit.
- Ensure industry best practice is implemented with regards to Integrity and supply chain risk management.
- Represent the market unit within Industry Trade Bodies and at Customer forums.
- To visit suppliers both nationally and internationally to complete Audits and approvals as well as gaining knowledge of the Industry.
- To provide subject matter expertise to the business, customers and supplier base, representing the business at relevant Trade Bodies and Associations when needed.
- To develop a working knowledge of the snacking and chocolate industry.
- To ensure supplier and material accreditation schemes such as SEDEX, RFA/UTZ, Fairtrade, Organic, etc. are maintained throughout the Supply Chain and support the Market Unit responsible sourcing strategy.
- To provide forward insight on supply chain risks through horizon-scanning activities.
- Track and report on KPIs and ensure regular reports are shared with the Technical and Procurement teams.
- Ability to Champion Zertus and Market Unit Values
For this role you’ll need to have significant experience within a Food Technical Management role, with thorough knowledge of supply chain technical risk management and retail technical requirements. You’ll need to be fully up to date on UK/EU food legislation.
The role could suit an individual with a scientific background, or a degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or a product quality-based subject.
We’re also seeking an excellent leader and communicator, with strong people management skills and the ability work with numerous stakeholders, inspiring and engaging both your own team and those around you.
The following are also desirable, but not essential for this role@
- Management qualification
- HACCP Level 4
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 4
- Experience in specification and/or recipe development systems.
- Experience in Confectionery, nut or related industries
- Lean Manufacturing experience/certification.
- Lead Assessor qualification
- Company Pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme (up to an extra 5 days per year!)
- Discounts via our company shops (Kinnerton Fakenham Chocolate Shop)
- Employee Referral Bonus Scheme
- 1 paid days leave for charity work per year
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous support with personal development and training opportunities