Kinnerton Confectionery is the largest independent Chocolate manufacture in the UK based in Fakenham. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop their career in Engineering within the Manufacturing industry through an apprenticeship.
The working week (37.5 hours M-F 8-4.30pm) consists of 3 days at the college of West Anglia and 2 days within the factory for the first year. Total duration of apprenticeship is 48 months.
Hourly rate is NMW.
The engineering apprentice role is to ensure that all college assignments are completed on time.
Assist the shift maintenance engineers with breakdowns, planned maintenance as instructed documenting all supervised works for their portfolio.
To carry out projects as instructed and to the apprentice plan.
To carry out all works within their guidelines of competence and adhering to health and safety policy at all times.
· To ensure all engineering work is completed to the agreed Kinnerton standards.
· Ensure that the right first time approach is the key principle throughout all work undertaken within the role.
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety, company policies and procedures.
· Ensure business priorities are met by building strong working relationships with Production, Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams.
· Contribute to continuous improvement as required.
· Follow good manufacturing practice at all times ensuring standards are maintained and improved.
· Ensure that housekeeping and clean as you go policy in all engineering areas is always at the highest standard and adhered to.
· All maintenance work to be completed to the highest standard with the emphasis on a lasting solution.
· Ensuring all assessments are completed on time and in full.
· To maintain an up to date engineering portfolio.
· To attend regular mentoring / assessment meetings
· To ensure time and attendance remains within company policy
· To never undertake works outside their given competency level and to escalate if they are being asked to complete something outside their competency level.
Key Performance Indicators
· College assessments
· Downtime / uptime
· PPM completion
· Non-conformances (customer and internal audits)
· GCSE English
· GCSE Math’s
· GCSE Science
Desirable Skills / Qualities
· Engineering qualification
· Driving license
Closing dates 7th June 2019 however should there be a large volume of applicants this date may be brought forward. Starting date for apprenticeship will be September 2019.
Suitable candidates will be required to attend a selection day.
Job Type: Apprenticeship